New Song Algebra “No Joke”
Algebra Blesset is a musical massage to my weary ears. She embodies funk, underground soul, r & b, rock and even some classical. Her name sake may make the causal listener dismiss her as another budding “neo-soul” artist, but she is so much more. This talented songstress, writer and musician was born and raised in Atlanta. She sang backup for Monica and Bilal, which resulted in a record with Rowdy Records. The same label Monica was signed to when she released Miss Thing in 95’.
In 2008, she released her first LP entitled Purpose with the lead single “Run and Hide”. Now Algebra is back after nearly four years serving up more music. The song is called “No Joke” produced by LT Moe. It is a very nice mix of hip-hop scratching, soul, funk and r & b. The horns on the song are sick adding a live instrument vibe, which many contemporary r & b songs lack. Algebra sings down low in the valleys, but floats nicely into the rafters showcasing a sweet range that colors the song nicely. For fans of Erykah Badu they will love what she is serving.
This song comes on the heels of her mixtape called “Desert Before Dinner”. Are you going to try Algebra’s musical delicacy? I know momma always said no sweets before supper, but just this one time I might have to. Stay locked for more information on Algebra.
Bump it or Dump it?
Related Posts via Categories
- New Muzik: B. Jamelle- ‘Rose Tea’
- New Muzik: Jarrell Perry- ‘Smoke + Mirrors’
- New Artist/New Muzik: Jerrell Perry ” “Whiskey a Go Go”
- New Video: Shawnna ft/ Chella H “Big & Fat”
- New Video: Sharaya J “Banji” (Missy Elliott signee)
- New Muzik: Meelah “Pisces (More Than Meets The Eye)”
- K.Michelle performs “Coochie Symphony” & new joint from album!
- JoiStarr provides a snippet for ‘Art & Beat’
- New Muzik: Azealia Banks: Harlem Shake (Remix)
- Bilal gives a inside look at making of new album- A Love Surreal