K. Michelle “For Colored Girls/ Pre-Pain Medicine” Mixtape
K. Michelle has dropped a new mixtape for fans everything entitled “For Colored Girls/Pre-Pain Medicine.“ With a pending lawsuit and plenty of mud slinging K. Michelle is fighting to keep her head above water and remain focused.
The mixtape is a gumbo mix of pleasure, pain and self-discovery. It gives me Lil Mo and Keyshia Cole in certain parts, but K. Michelle is definitely her own woman. She is reaching out to all the sistas out there trying to find love and peace within them themselves.
My favorite two joints are “Get it Together” and “Down to The Ground”.
On “Get it Together” she adds a hearty bottom to her voice making the track very rich and 90ish.
“Down to The Ground” has wicked scratches throughout and her vocal apporach to the track is fresh. I just hope K. Michelle doesn’t fall into a rut and only make broken down sista songs about heart break. After listening to this mixtape I can tell this lady has a lot of pain she is working through.
She even pens a letter to fans
Download and stream the album here
Related Posts via Categories
- Mixtape Hour: Diamond “The Young Life”
- New Muzik: B. Jamelle- ‘Rose Tea’
- New Muzik: Jarrell Perry- ‘Smoke + Mirrors’
- New Artist/New Muzik: Jerrell Perry ” “Whiskey a Go Go”
- New Video: Shawnna ft/ Chella H “Big & Fat”
- New Video: Sharaya J “Banji” (Missy Elliott signee)
- New Muzik: Meelah “Pisces (More Than Meets The Eye)”
- K.Michelle performs “Coochie Symphony” & new joint from album!
- JoiStarr provides a snippet for ‘Art & Beat’
- New Muzik: Azealia Banks: Harlem Shake (Remix)